Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just turned 60 so decided to throw my leg back over(while I still can) after a fifteen year break from bikes. The forgiving nature of the versys 300x was a great choice to return to riding as my skills were compromised from the long break, but i'm enjoying learning all over again, just easing back into it. We have awesome quiet forestry roads here in south eastern Queensland that suit the 300 very well. I've had the seat rebuilt, fitted a R-Jays rear hard case and upgraded the headlighting. Am currently looking around these forums working out what to do about the dreaded buffeting. Other that that, the bike really delivers for the price, even my old school big bore riding buddies are considering one, thanks for having me on board, cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
:welcome:aboard and enjoy your ride. - Be safe.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS THREAD YOUR STARTED - THANKS.

·
Registered
Vrooming on a 2019 Versys 650
75 Posts
Hi everyone, just turned 60 so decided to throw my leg back over(while I still can) after a fifteen year break from bikes. The forgiving nature of the versys 300x was a great choice to return to riding as my skills were compromised from the long break, but i'm enjoying learning all over again, just easing back into it. We have awesome quiet forestry roads here in south eastern Queensland that suit the 300 very well. I've had the seat rebuilt, fitted a R-Jays rear hard case and upgraded the headlighting. Am currently looking around these forums working out what to do about the dreaded buffeting. Other that that, the bike really delivers for the price, even my old school big bore riding buddies are considering one, thanks for having me on board, cheers.
Coming off a 15-year break myself, now back on a 300x myself as of a month + ago...just wanted to say: totally inspired by your decision to climb back on, and am loving the 300 for all the same reasons...about to pull the trigger on a puig windscreen for the buffeting problem, see if it might be a solution for you too (helpful video embedded):https://puigusa.com/en/tuning-motos/windscreens-for-fairing-bikes/touring-screen?bike=21050

1 - 5 of 5 Posts