Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a potential Versys 650 buyer looking for info on tires, farkles, etc. for an '08 650 with 27k on the clock.
Thanks,
Will

·
Super Moderator
7,680 Posts
:welcome:aboard.

Tons of information here and please drop your second post in this thread your started.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Highest mileage

To all,
What is the highest number of miles anyone has logged on a Versys 650? If this isn't the appropriate forum for this question, my apologies. I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by creating my "2nd post", as well as garnering information for a potential purchase of a 2008 Versys with 27k on the clock. I have 120k+ on my '03 FJR and am curious about durability of the Versys platform.
Regards,
Will

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The Versys is a very durable machine. Many members here have a lot of miles on their Versys. The engine has a reputation for longevity.

27k miles should not be a problem at all for the engine and transmission, assuming the owner properly maintained it and didn't beat the hell out of it.

At 10+ years old you will have normal age issues. Anything rubber may need to be replaced. So, a lot of hoses and seals related to fuel, brakes, and cooling. Fork seals maybe.

My advice is to have the bike thoroughly evaluated by a good mechanic. It may cost some money, but better to find out ahead of time that there is an engine compression problem or the forks need to be rebuilt.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

To all,
What is the highest number of miles anyone has logged on a Versys 650? If this isn't the appropriate forum for this question, my apologies. I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by creating my "2nd post", as well as garnering information for a potential purchase of a 2008 Versys with 27k on the clock. I have 120k+ on my '03 FJR and am curious about durability of the Versys platform.
Regards,
Will
I have 85,219 miles on my '08, as well as 69,xxx kms (about 43K miles!) on my '15 V650, and I KNOW that someone posted awhile back about being OVER 100,000 miles on one...!

>:)

I would NOT worry about an '08 w/ 27K miles assuming it passes a thorough inspection - a LOT can be told just by looking at how it 'presents' along w/ service records!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks FastEddie,
I bought the bike after a test-ride and a cursory inspection. I took it on a short (140 mile) ride, and then changed the oil and looked for loose/missing fasteners. The bike runs and handles great, need to put on the crash bars and look for a center stand. The factory air filter seems pricey for what it is. I'll start looking and posting in the other forums for future information.
Regards,
Will

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
...The factory air filter seems pricey for what it is....
I picked up another filter for my '08 from a member here (cheap), so I always have a spare oiled and ready to go on the shelf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts