Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.
I bought a used 2013 Kawasaki Versys 650 (blue & black) last year after I healed a bit from my accident with my Honda Rebel. I wanted an adventure type looking bike and my mechanic suggested this bike simply because he said the engine is "bullet proof". Ha ha. And I like the dirt bike look of it since I grew up on dirt bikes.
Anyway, I have had some slight problems with it being so tall. I am 5" 6' female. It already has the lowering kit and forks (per mechanic) lowered as low as it will go. I got a Sargent seat with the 1 inch lowered but it hurts my butt. :) Thinking about trying a Corbin seat. However, right now I am looking for a Givi top case. I just bought the 47L Monokey but that thing is freaking huge! I am looking to switch it out with something that is smaller. So I have in my spare time started looking in the garage on this forum so you might see a question pop up from me via private. I look forward to reading more on this forum and putting my 2 bits in occasionally.

Thanks!
tri

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a Versys! :grin2:

I would suggest staying away from a Corbin. Not because they're uncomfortable but because, I think, they will raise you up and widen your legs apart, which makes the bike feel taller as you may not be able to put your thighs/legs straight down (if that makes sense)...something you don't want.

You should take the OEM seat to a local (if there is one) seat shop or get in touch with Seth Lamm or the like. You'd probably fair better with them. They'll customize your seat specifically to your body-type and posture.

·
Premium Member
9,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:welcome:aboard Tri - enjoy your ride and be safe.

As for the seat ,best is to try to rebuild the OEM seat to your requirement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Seat Concepts on my 2008 Versys 650. It's kept me confortable for a few long days in the saddle, but being a dude at 185 cm (I guess 6 feet-ish?) I have less of an issue getting my feet down. Not having ever tried the stock seat, I can't offer you a reasonable comparison other than "my Seat Concepts is really good at keeping me on the bike, and I have had no discomfort on a few 350-400 km days"

Stay safe! :)

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I am 5' 6" female....
I'm SLOWLY descending from 5' 11.5" (YEARS ago), currently at 5' 8". Get your 'sag' set properly, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to 'settle' your bike as you put your weight into the saddle, and come closer to 'flat-footing' it, which I can do w/ my sag set properly.

I TOO suggest you stay AWAY from the Corbin seats - just 'mod' the stocker.

:goodluck:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts