Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just bought a 2019 Versys650 LT. I traded in a 2014 Honda cb1100. Got the Honda to get back into motorcycling and it did its job. I wanted something more comfy and a bike I could take some stuff with me and put down some more miles without stopping so often. Oh and it safer (the wife wont burn her leg on the exhaust). I have about 600 miles on her as of this post and will be looking for some info on the first oil change. I don't know how critical it is that i have the service done at the dealer... I mean the manual says its important but...I don't know. maybe I'll do the first one at the dealer then I can do the others. Oh yeah and I rode the Niken this past weekend in Daytona. Was a pretty cool experience if I can say so myself. :nerd:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,766 Posts
:welcome:aboard. First oil change best done at dealer if under warranty and it will also allow you to highlight any complaints if you have any. Enjoy your ride and be safe.

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:

From one Tampa owner to another!

How was that Niken? I tried to get on one but they were the first thing booked solid. I wouldn't buy one but I'd like to say I rode one.

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

From one Tampa owner to another!

How was that Niken? I tried to get on one but they were the first thing booked solid. I wouldn't buy one but I'd like to say I rode one.
Thanks, had to get there pretty early to snag one. They rode really solid. They have a touring version too. The difference being the taller windshield, larger seat and added saddlebags. I think it would make a great touring bike because it felt less effected by road conditions. I actually was really impressed. It rode like I expected it to but more stable.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks, had to get there pretty early to snag one. They rode really solid. They have a touring version too. The difference being the taller windshield, larger seat and added saddlebags. I think it would make a great touring bike because it felt less effected by road conditions. I actually was really impressed. It rode like I expected it to but more stable.

Nice! I'm not sold on them as all I see is one more tire to change and one additional set of fork seals to replace!

But they do look fun to ride. Glad you can now say you did! :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts