Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a green 2009 Kawasaki Versys 650 (I read that the green ones are the fastest ones unless you have a blue or red one). I have been riding for 15+ years, most of them on a 1999 BMW F650. After 60k miles on the beamer I sold it and upgraded to the Versys. I use the Versys as a commuter and all around bike. I used this forum to do my research before I bought the Versys and the reviews were good. I am hoping to put as many miles on it as I did on the F650. Some things I am getting used to are vibrations on the handlebar and stiffer suspension. I am looking forward to interactions with other fellow riders on this forum.

Nikos

·
Premium Member
7,875 Posts
:welcome:aboard.

Both the vibration and stiffness can be overcome. just look up the forum and you will find a lot of resources on the mentioned subject.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...Some things I am getting used to are vibrations on the handlebar and stiffer suspension....
IF you set the "sag" to appropriate for your weight, I believe you'll find the suspension less stiff. Mine is about 47mm, and I'm around 190# suited-up [ATGATT!].

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention, I did all the service and repairs on my BMW F650, so I am mechanically inclined. The last repair I did before I sold it was to replace the starter clutch. I have fixed electrical issues but electrical problems is not my area of expertise.

On the Kawasaki Versys I have so far replaced the clutch cable and the windshield. I read through the forum and one thing I would like to upgrade is the voltage rectifier/regulator as a preventive measure to avoid a burn stator.

I am located in Washington, DC.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
...I read through the forum and one thing I would like to upgrade is the voltage rectifier/regulator as a preventive measure to avoid a burn stator....
LOTS of info on doing that, MOSTLY posted by our "electronics-guru" - onewizard.

:yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
I forgot to mention, I did all the service and repairs on my BMW F650, so I am mechanically inclined. The last repair I did before I sold it was to replace the starter clutch. I have fixed electrical issues but electrical problems is not my area of expertise.

On the Kawasaki Versys I have so far replaced the clutch cable and the windshield. I read through the forum and one thing I would like to upgrade is the voltage rectifier/regulator as a preventive measure to avoid a burn stator.

I am located in Washington, DC.
What year is your bike? This thread may be of interest. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/170-technical-discussion-v-650/218061-electrical-charging-question.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts