Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

4 months ago I became owner of Versys 650 2010 and I love it. :)
I just end up a trip of 1700 km in two days and I can say it is a great motorcycle.

Now, I am working on handlebar vibrations :). It is not a big problem but I heard it can be decreased. :)

Overall great bike. Looking forward corresponding with all of you.

All the best...
:smile2:

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hi to all,

4 months ago I became owner of Versys 650 2010 and I love it. :)
I just end up a trip of 1700 km in two days and I can say it is a great motorcycle.

Now, I am working on handlebar vibrations :). It is not a big problem but I heard it can be decreased. :)

Overall great bike. Looking forward corresponding with all of you.

All the best...
:smile2:
I would suggest doing a valve adjustment if your bike has not had it done. Immediately afterward do a throttle body sync. If the volume of air in each cylinder is slightly different due to valve wear it will cause vibration. The following will fix this as well as increase the longevity of the engine. Compared to other bikes the level of handle bar vibration in the Versys is relatively low. You may want to play with handlebar tilt to find out what is right for you. Also suspension settings.

You can download the service manual as well as search the stickies in the tech section of this site to get more info on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot. Do I need to change some of the cables because the hight of handlebars will increase?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks a lot. Do I need to change some of the cables because the hight of handlebars will increase?

if rotating the handle bars, you shouldn't have to change cables. i've rotated mine on my 2008 and have speedy's handle bar riser as well and no problems with cables or binding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if rotating the handle bars, you shouldn't have to change cables. i've rotated mine on my 2008 and have speedy's handle bar riser as well and no problems with cables or binding.
Great. Tnx. Now the tricky part is to find where to order it. I am from Serbia :) so it is a little bit tricky. Ebay shipping cost a lot.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
Thanks a lot. Do I need to change some of the cables because the hight of handlebars will increase?...
I have 2" ROX Risers and the original cables ALL work OK.

·
Registered
279 Posts
moto werks in san diego, california. "speedy gonzalez" is the proprietor's internet name. risers, lowering kit, big foot stand kit, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts