Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Might be adding a 1st gen 650 Versys to my garage, joined here to get more info on the Versys in general. Current ride is a 2007 DR650 with 80,000+ miles on it. Also have a Ural and a Royal Enfield. Have owned many bikes over the years but if I get a Versys it will be my first Kawasaki.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Might be adding a 1st gen 650 Versys to my garage, joined here to get more info on the Versys in general. Current ride is a 2007 DR650 with 80,000+ miles on it. Also have a Ural and a Royal Enfield. Have owned many bikes over the years but if I get a Versys it will be my first Kawasaki.

Welcome aboard. You're a person after my own heart - a Ural and a Royal Enfield! I wouldn't mind having one of each just for the experience. They're interesting, different, and are either-you-love-them-or-hate-them machines, and maybe that's what makes them attractive (to some of us anyway). This comes from a person who has owned, over the years, a Studebaker, a Renault Caravelle, a Velocette, an 850 Commando Interstate, and a Triumph TR6. A glutton for punishment perhaps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard. You're a person after my own heart - a Ural and a Royal Enfield! I wouldn't mind having one of each just for the experience. They're interesting, different, and are either-you-love-them-or-hate-them machines, and maybe that's what makes them attractive (to some of us anyway). This comes from a person who has owned, over the years, a Studebaker, a Renault Caravelle, a Velocette, an 850 Commando Interstate, and a Triumph TR6. A glutton for punishment perhaps?
Thanks! yeah the Ural and the Royal Enfield do take some "fettling" on a fairly regular basis.

I got the Ural in March, it's a 2013 Gear Up. Really like it so far. Getting used to how a sidecar behaves and handles has been fun, but it is quite different than riding a 2 wheeler.

My Royal Enfield is a 2001 Bullet Classic 500, kickstart only, that I bought new in 2003. It hasn't been exactly trouble free but I love it and don't think I will ever get rid of it.

I wouldn't mind having the vehicles on your list, I did have a 1975 Commando 850 for about 10 years. Fabulous bike, smooth, powerful and handled very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts