Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First post on the forum, and a quick introduction - I re-entered the motorcycling world after about a 20 year hiatus. I mainly road Motocross bikes but my VX300 is my 2nd street bike (had a Yamaha 650 Special II in the early 90's). This is my first new bike and I really love what Kawasaki did with this thing! Im trying to break it in properly (max of 4k rpm for 500 miles... ummm), but I don't know if I can go a full 1000 miles at 35-45 mph... this bike wants to go!! Anyway, glad to be here, and looking forward to learning, and sharing my trials and tribulations with everyone.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome! I too am still in the break in period. Only another 50 miles to go and I can go up to 6k rpm. Can't wait to be done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New User - can't reply to threads

Hi,
Im a new user, but Im unable to reply to any of the forum threads. Can an Admin help?

Im seeing the following forum rules for every thread:

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Thanks!

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi everyone! First post on the forum, and a quick introduction - I re-entered the motorcycling world after about a 20 year hiatus. I mainly road Motocross bikes but my VX300 is my 2nd street bike (had a Yamaha 650 Special II in the early 90's). This is my first new bike and I really love what Kawasaki did with this thing! Im trying to break it in properly (max of 4k rpm for 500 miles... ummm).
I guess that I might start this argument again BUT the VX300's manual recommendation for running in is WAY too low. At those revs the bike is lugging which is way worse for it. I believe that the recommendation just comes straight from the book of a much larger machine.
Let the bike rev - You need at LEAST 5,000rpm to prevent lugging in the higher gears. Just avoid full throttle and constant throttle i.e avoid motorways.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the break-in info everyone. I'm still at under 100 miles and with no end in sight for the freezing weather here in Boston I've got some time to plan how the rest of the break-in period will go. I'm hopeful the lugging I accrued during those miles didn't do more damage than good though! On a separate topic... this is my 2nd post in the welcome thread so hopefully I can start contributing to the larger forum now! :))

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
...On a separate topic... this is my 2nd post in the welcome thread so hopefully I can start contributing to the larger forum now! :))
Yup - :thumb: - :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts