Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new guy looking at this bike.. the 650... Looking for more info on this bike...

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome. What would you like to know?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late reply.

Am looking at a few things to upgrade if I get the bike.

- Front fork upgrades.
- Rear suspension upgrades if there is a way to avoid paying for olins.
- Panniers. I understand the OEM is crap. Looking between the Givi V35 or maybe Alu panniers or maybe the Trekkers
- Seat wise is there anyway to make it more comfortable? I got for long distance trips every now and then clocking about 1000km a day.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Am looking at a few things to upgrade if I get the bike.

- Front fork upgrades.
- Rear suspension upgrades if there is a way to avoid paying for olins.
- Panniers. I understand the OEM is crap. Looking between the Givi V35 or maybe Alu panniers or maybe the Trekkers
- Seat wise is there anyway to make it more comfortable? I got for long distance trips every now and then clocking about 1000km a day.

Someone recently posted about fitting a new shock, shock-name starts w/ "P" I believe, but quite a few of us 'wear' Yamaha R1 shocks from '07 or '08, fitted w/ different springs (I have Eibach 13.8kg/mm springs on mine - I'm 177 # PLUS riding gear) and "opened-up" mounting holes (from 10mm to 12mm).

You can raise the front of your seat various ways - I've ridden my three V650s MORE than 143,000 MILES on OEM seats w/ the fronts raised about 9/16", MANY very long days, and my butt is FINE!!!

Here's a link:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/125578-seat-raising-front-options-methods.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not too sure about raising the front. But as per experience, stock suspensions tends to be very soft. So looking at how to harden it in future. When you upgrade the rear, it's better to do up the front too. Experience it before. I weight 105kg with gears and since I am definitely adding panniers so would like the rear to be harder.

I have yet to get the bike as I am waiting to sell off my F6B first. Used to ride the Crossrunner so after comparisons, I think a dual sports bike will be more suited for me. Further more I don't go fast so a lighter, more nimble bike like the versys will be nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts