Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been riding motocross, dual-purpose, and touring bikes for over 40 years. When I learned of the Versys-X 300 rather late in mid-December 2017, I was instantly taken and purchased one the next week when I visited my parents during the Christmas holiday. I'm garaging the bike at my parents' new home in the foothills so I can explore the backroads, gravel byways, and forest service roads in the surrounding Gold Country and Sierra Nevada whenever I visit. I've been outfitting the bike for adventure touring this year and I'm looking forward to multiday trips soon.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-valuable-links-wizard-member-intro.html

Yes the X300 has my attention,possibly once they get the gearing corrected, as many wish to be up 1 tooth on the front sprocket, however after leaving the DRZ400S, I have no wish to return there, my off road days are behind me, nothing close by that would be safe, which is why I sold it, twice having the bike on top of me, by myself, not a good idea . ( 4 wheel drive tracks that had all kinds of stuff buried , such as plywood, to get them out, nothing like hitting a piece of plywood covered in mud, with knobby's )

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hello All,

I've been riding motocross, dual-purpose, and touring bikes for over 40 years. When I learned of the Versys-X 300 rather late in mid-December 2017, I was instantly taken and purchased one the next week when I visited my parents during the Christmas holiday. I'm garaging the bike at my parents' new home in the foothills so I can explore the backroads, gravel byways, and forest service roads in the surrounding Gold Country and Sierra Nevada whenever I visit. I've been outfitting the bike for adventure touring this year and I'm looking forward to multiday trips soon.

Cheers,
Dave
My son lives just outside of Murphys off HWY 4 on the awesome Ebbetts Pass. LOVE riding up there! Never get tired of riding the roads around the Gold Country.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the welcomes!
@onewizard, I immediately installed a $14, 15-tooth countershaft sprocket which made a significant improvement to me. Plus it was an opportunity to correct the chain tension, adjust front and rear sprocket alignment, and check front and rear wheel alignment. I plan to add some new data to the Sticky: Versys x300 - Sprockets/Re-gearing Causes Engine Fault Light discussion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Buffalo_Bob, I keep saying the climb up Murphys Grade Rd is my favorite stretch of asphalt! My first significant ride on the Versys-X 300 was a counterclockwise loop to visit my uncle in Arnold, over Pacific Grade Summit and Ebbetts Pass, through Markleeville and Hope Valley, over Carson Pass, and through West Point and Mokelumne Hill. A very special ride!

·
Registered
537 Posts
@Buffalo_Bob, I keep saying the climb up Murphys Grade Rd is my favorite stretch of asphalt! My first significant ride on the Versys-X 300 was a counterclockwise loop to visit my uncle in Arnold, over Pacific Grade Summit and Ebbetts Pass, through Markleeville and Hope Valley, over Carson Pass, and through West Point and Mokelumne Hill. A very special ride!
Yep, perfect ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts