Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All....

New member here... I have a custom ER6n adventure bike. Joined to possibly swap parts with some of you Versys guys.

As soon as I have a couple of post under my belt I'll post in the "For Sale" section. Looking for a Versys front end.

In the meantime... Here is my bike. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dang, thats pretty interesting. Welcome. Where you located?

·
Registered
805 Posts
:welcome: That is pretty cool. If you were looking for a versys front end is there a reason you bought a ER6N instead of a versys? Either way neat bike. keep posting your progress

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Responses

Dang, thats pretty interesting. Welcome. Where you located?
I'm located in North Georgia

:welcome: That is pretty cool. If you were looking for a versys front end is there a reason you bought a ER6N instead of a versys? Either way neat bike. keep posting your progress
Well the project had already been started when I bought the bike.... I'm not a huge fan of the Versys head light (it's my personal preference so please don't take offense) and was looking for an Adventure Bike when I ran across this.... It already had the KLR front end on there which works just fine but I prefer USD forks so that's why I'm looking for a Versys front end.... I want the bike to appear as though the factory made it when I'm finished.... At least that's the plan.... I had a Ninja 650 before so I was already familiar with the platform... It should make a perfect ADV bike. I've only put a couple of hundred miles on it since taking delivery and so far it's been a blast....

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm located in North Georgia

Well the project had already been started when I bought the bike.... I'm not a huge fan of the Versys head light (it's my personal preference so please don't take offense) and was looking for an Adventure Bike when I ran across this.... It already had the KLR front end on there which works just fine but I prefer USD forks so that's why I'm looking for a Versys front end.... I want the bike to appear as though the factory made it when I'm finished.... At least that's the plan.... I had a Ninja 650 before so I was already familiar with the platform... It should make a perfect ADV bike. I've only put a couple of hundred miles on it since taking delivery and so far it's been a blast....

Anywhere near Helen?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Headlights

Well, there are 3 different Versys headlights to choose from. Don't like autofocus them?
Out of the 3 the new 2015 twin headlight setup is, IMHO, the best looking but at the end of the day I really like having something no one else has. When I roll up on my custom ER6 with a 21'' front wheel and knobbies other guys are like :eek:.... Especially after I get my wolfman luggage on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wolfman luggage, yes...but i wouldn't bother bolting on Versys forks if you really plan to use that 21 front, you'll be disappointed, and there's not all that much you can do to fix them without spending a bunch.
If I went to the Versys forks I would drop down to a 19'' front wheel.
BUT....
I've been tweaking the front end so it now turns well and after a bar change is very comfortable. I may just go with some heavier springs and leave it. I just bought a TW200 front fender bracket and am gonna mock up a blue 2014 TW front fender on there. If that looks good I'm leaving it alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts