Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 56, 5'11'' and a beefy 155lbs . I have the Versys 650 with TKC80 tires (second set, I love them for everything, truly). The bike is just an amazing machine--fantastic on road and surprisingly good on rough technical trails. I ride quite a bit on jeep roads and ATV trails and I can keep up with true dual-purpose bikes for the most part. I admit I've dropped it twice in the woods, just low speed "walk-off" dumps. It's not bad to pick up actually. But the reality for me is that ten years from now I'll need a lighter bike. Something like the X300 for sure. I've ridden one and can attest that it's super nimble and easy to handle but lacks the "kick in the pants" acceleration and precise, confident cornering characteristics of the 650.

I'm giving mixed messages, sorry! I guess it comes down to what you're willing to give up and what you HAVE to give up in terms of compromises. I don't have to give up the performance of the 650 yet, but that day is coming.

·
Registered
363 Posts
TKC80s on a V650, that is an interesting choice, you must spend a lot of time in the dirt. The few dirt prepped V650s I've seen usually have Shinko 705s on them. Welcome BTW.

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
Here are pics of my '08 w/ a TKC80 on the front, a BIG BLOCK on the rear.

I also had to replace a worn REAR E705 in Anchorage (5,114 kms), and put a TKC80 on, onto my '15 V650.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
TKC80s on a V650, that is an interesting choice, you must spend a lot of time in the dirt. The few dirt prepped V650s I've seen usually have Shinko 705s on them. Welcome BTW.
There are quite a few of us TKC80 fans! :wink2:

Reactions: mrvwbug
1 - 7 of 7 Posts