Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just purchase a used 2009 Versys. I am new to motorcycles and hope to use the versys for a bit of everything. The bike is blue and in great shape....now I be purchasing some nice accessories for her.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome:

Watch out for the sharp turn drop at 0-1 mph with front break. Take beginer course if possible and get the book, Proficient Motorcycling if possible!

The V is one of the funnest bikes I have owned! Congrat!

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
:welcome: from the Moosehead Lake region - Rockwood to be precise, where another 6 inches of snow just fell. :eek:

Not quite time to haul out the motorcycles just yet. Spring should arrive sometime in late May at the rate things are going. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for a great welcome. I have taken the motorcycle safety course and strongly agree that is the best thing a newby to motorcycles should do.

I just ordered crash bars....cheap insurance against a newby drop. Also ordered a kickstand foot extender from motowerks (to keep the bike from sinking into the hot tar when it finally gets warm here). I've got lots of high viz ( helmet and jacket). I plan to wear my gear all the time.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
...I just ordered crash bars....cheap insurance against a newby drop....
They ALSO work as cheap insurance against an "oldie" drop.... Guess how I know...!

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I was thinking - "What the hell is he DOING?" as the truck changed lanes, leaving a bunch of cars in THAT lane, and coming fast....

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Welcome from another fellow New Englander. I recommend you ride that blue V down to Two Lights in Cape Elizabeth, have some lunch at the Lobster Shack, and plan your next ride Down East or up to Rangeley. Don't leave your lunch unattended for an instant or the gulls will steal it. (Wait, you're from Maine, you know that already. :) )

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
What does this mean? I've done some advanced slow speed work
I believe he's just referring to the..."start turning and touch the front brake"... then DOWN!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts