Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Seattle,
I recently joined the forum as I recently purchased a new 2014 Versys. Actually, I've been reading more than posting, didn't read the post rules.....so on to introductions:

I've been away from motorcycles for a few years but the time seems to be right for a return (plus the weather is really nice right now!).

After parting with my ST4, I rode a friend's '09 Versys and thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm glad to be back with the twins and am very impressed. Great bike, even with a limit of 4000rpm (for the moment).

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
18,815 Posts
Greetings from Seattle,
I recently joined the forum as I recently purchased a new 2014 Versys. Actually, I've been reading more than posting, didn't read the post rules.....so on to introductions:

I've been away from motorcycles for a few years but the time seems to be right for a return (plus the weather is really nice right now!).

After parting with my ST4, I rode a friend's '09 Versys and thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm glad to be back with the twins and am very impressed. Great bike, even with a limit of 4000rpm (for the moment).
:welcome:

Each of my THREE Vs have had the "Motoman" break-in, on the ride home from the dealer.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
The '08 has OVER 57,000 miles; the '09 just got 'written-off' at about 67,000 kms; and I'm up to 501 kms on the '15 (on its SECOND oil-change right now!).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome, new member here also as I just picked up a new 2014 down here in Portland...I'm actually on vacation this week and have rented a house with the wife and kids out near Hartstein Island west of you...gorgeous area, fun kayaking places.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome !

I too have a brand spankin new 2014. I love the bike !

Pacific Northwest? Spend every penny you can afford on quality rain gear. This should allow you to ride more than the 7 days of sunshine you receive. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, new member here also as I just picked up a new 2014 down here in Portland...I'm actually on vacation this week and have rented a house with the wife and kids out near Hartstein Island west of you...gorgeous area, fun kayaking places.
Hartstein is a great island, clamming is good (if open and if that's your thing).
Bring the bike? Riding would be real good there.

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome !

I too have a brand spankin new 2014. I love the bike !

Pacific Northwest? Spend every penny you can afford on quality rain gear. This should allow you to ride more than the 7 days of sunshine you receive. :)
LOL, the drought we are having has really brought out the bikes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts