Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I made the mistake of reading too many reviews on the 2015 KLZ1000 and then going to a dealer that had one in stock yesterday.. I left with signed papers. Now just have to finish the financing and the licensing which should be done well before the roads are fit to ride on here. I'm looking forward to putting many miles on this bike. It will be my third. I have a '99 Kawasaki VN750 with 46 thousand on it.. all but 6K mine. and a 2006 Honda VTX 1300R with 68 thousand on it.. I got it brand new. So now I have two bikes to sell and a new one to look forward to riding. I'm already planning to fly it to the west cost and ride for three weeks in Aug, and Europe will be next year. I learned to love sport touring riding after taking Jim Ford's Rider's workshop class about four years ago, and I've been hooked ever since and grew less and less satisfied with the heavy cruiser and it's handling. I'm in the Binghamton NY area so pointers towards any sport touring riding groups in the area would be welcome. I used to ride with the local Southern Cruiser riders in past years, and while they were a great and fun bunch, they were, well, too slow.. ;-)

Red Baron
(aka Chris)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
:welcome: In my opinion you made a great choice. Both Rider and Motorcyclist, in their recently-arrived issues, compared the V1000, the V-Strom 1000 and the Yamaha FJ709 and each mag chose the V1000 as their choice. Nice machine. Enjoy and ride safely.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts