Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, hi, hello. I joined because in 2017 started riding with my 2007 Versys 650, during winter I would like to fix reset button on my computer, I thought that it might be a good place to ask for advice ;) .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it even save to take your computer apart? So far I have access to all screws holding it in place but on the other hand, cables look pretty tough, and of course what if I open it up? I thought about checking button connection with a multimeter, maybe the button got loose, worst case scenario I will add an extra button. Being able to use Trip A/B will be useful :p

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-wizard-member-intro.html

And yes there is a post on this with the reset button, I will try and find it.

Another new How To Thread you asked and I found it;
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/207945-instrument-cluster-repair-mode-reset-button.html

FYI go to post 26, fortunately this poster didn't use photo buckets, some excellent photos, this explains the straw method to reduce the buzzing .

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Trip A B

Is it even save to take your computer apart? So far I have access to all screws holding it in place but on the other hand, cables look pretty tough, and of course what if I open it up? I thought about checking button connection with a multimeter, maybe the button got loose, worst case scenario I will add an extra button. Being able to use Trip A/B will be useful :p
I use trip A and B for lubing the chain, I reset A if I want to check distance on a second ride, B I use 500 KM to lube the chain, if I am at 400KM or more I lube the chain before starting out as most of my rides are over 200 KM and most are 330 KM up to 900 KM per day. I also use my GPS for ride distance as it is more accurate.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
welcome. You can download the service manual from the tech section. In it it gives the reset codes. All you can do with them is switch from metric to US on the speedometer and odometer. There is no "computer" as such on the 650 to reset, just a basic EFI system. It resets every time you turn on the ignition. If you want to get into changing the fuel mapping you need to buy and fit a Power Commander, all EFI settings are on ROM and not normally changeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts