Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
A 2011 Versys just followed me home! I have wanted one for some time and finally pulled the trigger. I will post some pictures when I get them.

I look forward to reading the information available on this forum.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome

I had to travel some to pick up this bike, but it was worth it. It has a hair under 6000 miles on the clock. It was running a little rough/rich when I picked it up so I brought it home and cleaned the air filter, changed the spark plugs, did oil and filter. Kind of time consuming but not too hard of a task. The drive chain was a little tight so I adjusted that and cleaned and lubed while I was at it. Its running as it should now. It came with some extras like engine guards, bark busters, lowered pegs, heated grips, tall windshield and some other things. Its been a heck of a week, but I finally have some pictures from a ride near home yesterday.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: Very nice bike and an impressive agricultural building in the background. Where are you? Perhaps Kansas?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 2011 owner. Given your username.....do you plan on doing any ADV riding?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:welcome: Very nice bike and an impressive agricultural building in the background. Where are you? Perhaps Kansas?
Arion - I am in Eastern Washington, its interesting here, go about 20 miles west or south into the Palouse and you are in rolling wheat country, go north or east and you're deep in the mountains, great place to own a bike!

Welcome from a fellow 2011 owner. Given your username.....do you plan on doing any ADV riding?
Jeff, yes guilty as charged on the Adventure riding. I just rolled over the motorcycle inventory: coming off a 2008 KLR that I rode the wheels off of and a KLX250s that saw its share of duty - it was time for a change, so now I have the Versys and a 1999 DR350S - (I am loving the little Suzuki). The Versys is likely to get some TKC 80s after these tires wear out and I will see how it all shakes out.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
COOL! You will love the TKCs. The rear won't last too long but they handle ALL terrain like a BOSS. I've got a Mitas E-07 on the rear right now. I had a
K60 prior to that and it did well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

Well it’e been a while since I checked in … So heres an update - Lots of riding

The Versys is a great road trip bike

I put some miles on this bike and went to familiar spots and some new ones too.

The stock tires were getting a little thin so I jumped in and with a TKC80/Shinko805 combo.

I am really liking this bike

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Nice to get some insight on some off road tires as when my stocks are done for I am looking for a bit more dirt orientated tires.

You have a good looking bike for sure. I think the older generations look nice and rugged and more ADV inspired than the new gen. I took mine on a minor fire road and was looked at like I was an alien on the more "sport" looking one I have. Thanks for sharing pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts