Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2016 Versys 650 ABS owner. Grew up on the old 79-80 KZ-1000's Now am just into cruising.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome! Love the name! I have same bike. This is a good place to learn more about the machine. Where are you from?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, Texas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Second new member post

I've learned one thing really quick. Do not my any electrical parts that are not Kawasaki OEM. I purchased a signal indicator for my 2016 Versys 650 ABS. When I opened the package the cheap plastic cover of the indicator had fallen off, and was only double taped on. Plus the wanted you to plug it into a connector under the seat. The Kawasaki indicator was made well and plugged in right behind the lights next to the relay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Welcome from Canada

:welcome:to the forum. You are correct on some electrical things, however I can tell you that I purchased 5 of the 40 amp relays C/W socket and harness, single pole double throw, for those that don't know, that means a single pole with 1 normally closed contact and one normally open contact, I got all 5 for less than the Omron OEM relay used for the auxiliary circuit, supplied by Kawasaki, which happens to be a normally open single pole only. I am a retired professional , working in the electrical / electronic service industry, sharing my knowledge cost me nothing, since I am retired, just my time. FYI when possible I prefer to post some answers rather than send PM were this knowledge isn't shared with others, hope I can continue until dementia sets in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts