Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have already posted this so i apologize. I am originally from Jersey but now reside in Colorado. It's a great place to ride! Back east i had a few bikes. I bought a honda vtx1800 when i came out to Colorado. I sold my VTX1800 after having it for i think about 5 years. When i bought it i thought i would be taking these long adventurous rides but then 2 kids came along and i didnt ride anywhere near as much as i hoped. The only time i get to ride is to and from work so i figured i would grab something light and fun to ride. traffic absolutely sucks on a big bike - at least to me it does.
I went to the dealer and they showed me the versys. I test rode it and thought it was fun, but wasnt used to that type of bike so it felt a bit slow to me. I was also babying it because it was brand new and not mine. I told my sales rep and he told me to take it out again and really twist it up. He said get the rpms up there. I did and it was quite a different bike. I liked it much better.

I put a deposit on a white 650LT. I am still waiting for it to come in. they said hopefully by the end of the month. I have been checking out these forums since and learned alot. No one seems to hate it - everyone seems to love these bikes. That is very encouraging. Since i havent taken possession yet i have been on the internet looking at other options. Bad idea btw. I started doubting my choice, wondering if i should have looked at the yammer or maybe bought the hyperstrada. After seeing how happy people are with this bike i feel much better and confident i made a great choice. Now if it would just get here already...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: I wouldn't worry too much about your decision. Although it might not be a perfect decision- few are - it's a good decision in my opinion. The Versus is hard to beat as a sound and enjoyable all-around machine. It's light, nimble, handles well, and is fast enough to have fun without amassing a pile of traffic citations. And the machine seems to get better every year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts