Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member looking to buy a gen 3 650LT. Can someone point me to thread that points out the differences each year from 2015 through 2019. I know it's not much, gear indicator, etc.

I live in Tuscumbia, AL and currently have a 2018 Can Am Spyder RT for sale. Once it sells, I'm buying a Gen 3 650LT. My first bike before the Spyder was a Yamaha FJR1300.
I love touring on short overnight trips with some riding to work mixed in.
Thanks for any information provided.
Eric

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why are you selling your Can Am RT? Is there anything you don’t like about Can Am RT .Myself in a few years being in my Sixties I was thinking about getting a Can Am F3 or possible a RT . Are they reliable & good for Touring ?

·
Super Moderator
19,436 Posts
...Myself in a few years being in my Sixties I was thinking about getting a Can Am F3 or possible a RT....
Going by MY example - you shouldn't need to move away from two wheels for AT LEAST another sixteen years, and MAYBE even longer!!!:wink2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very sorry for the delayed response. The CanAm RT was a great comfortable touring ride. I just missed the two wheel cornering. I will be back to a F-3 or RT one day.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I also sold my FJR for the V650. I missed the power loss initially. But I have really enjoyed getting to know this machine.
No regrets after 9.5 months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking forward to it, should have mine home late Saturday afternoon. Yeah the FJR power is probably one of the reasons I wrecked mine. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm looking forward to it, should have mine home late Saturday afternoon. Yeah the FJR power is probably one of the reasons I wrecked mine. Thanks
Congrats on the purchase. Yes, the power of the inline four was fun. But wait until you get comfortable on this one and start riding some nice sweeps. Or just moving it around in the garage or parking lot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts