Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Versys 650 2018 lt new owner from beautiful Montreal, Canada.

I am looking for T. rex crash bar as it is sold out online everywhere.

I am also looking to buy an original Saddle/seat as current one Sargent is very high and wider.

Thanks and have a great riding season everyone. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
FYI, I just changed out the original saddle on my 2019 for a new Sargent. I can’t really tell if there is any height difference so far. I only put 800 miles on the stock and 30 miles on the new Sargent though. I wonder if I got the last guard from T-Rex. Had it a few weeks now and still haven’t installed it yet. Good luck on the hunt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nate,

Thank you for all the info. I was told that I could easily remove an inch or a bit more of the foam from the original one. My 2nd option is lowering kit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a stock seat for a 2019 that has NEVER been used. Thats right, never. I ordered a lowered Sargent seat for the bike and got it delivered to my house before I ever picked up the bike. So it’s in perfect condition. I’m willing to sell it, but I also know that shipping a seat is expensive because of its size. I’d also imagine that shipping from the US to Montreal might increase that cost.

you might consider contacting Sargent and seeing what they would charge you to redo your current seat into a lowered version. IMO it’s a BIG upgrade over the stock seat for comfort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the great idea. As for the shipping, I could come and pick it up. I work for the airline and my traveling is way cheaper than what fedex would charge. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
first - WELCOME aboard!

IF you can wait - I have an extra seat (from a '16 V650) in AZ, as well as the foam from another stock seat.

I probably could get the fellow who looks after my AZ house to ship it. PM me if interested. I can only imagine how much $ mailing might co$t!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts