Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New member looking at the Versys 300

766 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  whisperquiet 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New member here. I currently ride a 2003 Suzuki Vstrom 1000 and am getting close to getting my wife a Versys 300. She rides a 2007 Vulcan 500, but the low, cruiser style of the bike doesn't really suit her very well. She likes my ride better, but its a little too much of a motorcycle for her. So here I am researching everything about the 300...

#2 ·
The Versys-X 300 is a light and nimble mini Strom. It does not have the power of even the 650 but is a stable easy to ride bike with a low seat height. It is more stable on dirt/gravel roads than a strom. Some of us older riders here that still ride dirt have bought one to counter the challenge of picking up a Strom should we fall off while riding solo.
The only consistent complaints are a less than comfortable seat and the very low gearing.

#4 ·
Yeah I think this will be perfect for my wife. After the required top case to hold all her stuff, the only needed mod I'm really looking at is a more comfortable seat. Luckily there are already a few options out there that should do the trick.

Now that's the only needed farkle...but of course my wife is just like me. Next is the crash bars, maybe a skid plate, let's talk a new windshield, any grip warmers out there.......

#5 ·
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.