Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My screen name is a tribute to where I lived and went to school in the UP of Michigan where locals are called Yoopers. Southern because 10 years ago I moved to GA and it is funny/oxymoron because Yooper and Southern don't go together.

I have a 2013 Versys 650. I picked it up in June and have about 3k miles on it now. Posting so I can get in on some of the action.

I ride everyday it doesn't rain to work and plan on doing so even when it is cold out. Only a 5 mile ride but I often ride home at lunch.

I had a SV650 about 5 years back that I put 5000 miles on in one year.

Otherwise I have 35+ years of dirt experience mostly racing single track (enduros and hare scrambles.)

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just took My first trip to the UP in September for a week.. My brother has gone for years. We landed in Marguete (sp?), and rented a huge cabin right on Lake Superior on the Outskirts of Au Train. Dang is it beautiful there!

At Any rate welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

Last trip I was up in the 'yoop' (10 yrs back) I rode a National Enduro in Marquette and on my way downstate I cooled off in the Autrain river where it empties in to Lake Superior. Only place you can get in because the big water is freezing and the warmer river water makes it just right. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

Anyhow I like reading about the members rides and 2-up riding because I have a wife an daughters who take turns going along on the weekend.

I have yet to hit the GA mountains but I have been riding Pine Mountain frequently.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello everyone,

My screen name is a tribute to where I lived and went to school in the UP of Michigan where locals are called Yoopers. Southern because 10 years ago I moved to GA and it is funny/oxymoron because Yooper and Southern don't go together.

I have a 2013 Versys 650. I picked it up in June and have about 3k miles on it now. Posting so I can get in on some of the action.

I ride everyday it doesn't rain to work and plan on doing so even when it is cold out. Only a 5 mile ride but I often ride home at lunch.

I had a SV650 about 5 years back that I put 5000 miles on in one year.

Otherwise I have 35+ years of dirt experience mostly racing single track (enduros and hare scrambles.)
Awesome man! Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Welcome. Was up that way in late September-very nice too. Though technically not UP, our stay at the Grand Hotel was, well, grand. Like stepping back in time.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

Last trip I was up in the 'yoop' (10 yrs back) I rode a National Enduro in Marquette and on my way downstate I cooled off in the Autrain river where it empties in to Lake Superior. Only place you can get in because the big water is freezing and the warmer river water makes it just right. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

Anyhow I like reading about the members rides and 2-up riding because I have a wife an daughters who take turns going along on the weekend.

I have yet to hit the GA mountains but I have been riding Pine Mountain frequently.
Ahh We were there the weekend After Labor day, We fished in the Au train river and swam there as well, However the Massive Cabin was literally 25 feet off a beautiful rocky shoreline on Lake superior so we swam there all week as well. Yes it was cold! I'm one of those folks who doesn't enjoy being around water that much if I cant get in it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts