Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode a new to me 2012 Versys home today. Dealer kept calling it an orange bike. Bet I corrected him three times. The hardest part of the day was listing my 1999 Kawasaki C10 Concours. Feeling like I was selling part of my family, with 235,000 miles on her, it still is a great bike, and one that's taken me through many 12000-1500 mile days. I look forward to making memories with my new Versys. I have some E37N Givi bags to transfer from my 20000 KLR, which is also being sold, and am a little disappointed at the price/availibility of a model specific rack to mount to the Versys. And it looks like the rack system will be around $300.00 just to hang the bags. Someone here please tell me of a different option for attaching my Civi luggage.
Heavily involved with the COG forum as SE Area Director for COG ( seven states ), I hope to be here as much as time allows.

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
403 Posts
My first bike was a 2000 Connie. Lovely, smooth, comfortable, powerful bike. I definitely regret selling her, but am also in love with my 11 V. Enjoy!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thats quite a change: C10 concours and KLR to 650 Versys...radical even. I have modified my '09 in the past 7 years to a point where it meets my demands and tastes acquired from several highly capable bikes in their own realm. The few things I dont like about the versys have faded in my mind. I can see the versys doing 80% of what the connie did well and the same goes with the KLR. Good luck and Welcome :welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
? Lots of choices for racks

SW-Motech
Givi
among others there is 2 people on the forums that make them.
Yup, those are the two that I'm looking at now. But by the time you add all of the parts and fitment kits, you WILL be at $300.00. I'd like to hear from someone here that does make a rack, because I want to keep the three E37N Givi bags I now have.
Thanks for the welcome everyone. This place operates a lot like my COG forum, with the same tone from everyone, and wishing to help if possible.
I need to get this 2012 Versys ready for a two week road trip in 13 days, and guess I might have to bite the bullet and order what I need from Twisted Throttle soon.
Well talk again soon............

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the move to the Versys. I had a Harley Superglide and a Kawi 900 Vulcan and switch to the Versys over a year ago and love it. This bike is just right. Light nimble and fun.

I have learned so much from this site. I even bought my bike from a member here. Enjoy.

Present setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome. New racks for my three Givi E36 from forum member Sam, and a new tank bag with the gas tank ring locking system from Givi is on the way. I hit the road for two weeks soon, and will wait until I have the 4K mile under my belt to make more mods. The saddle will likely be my next investment, and I'm doing some research on that now. Have a Rick Mayer on the KLR, and a Seth Laam on the C10. Still hoping this will work for my LD riding love. Stay tuned for more info when I get back. Al

1 - 15 of 15 Posts