Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am a new member from that Atlanta, GA metro area. I enjoy riding in the North Georgia mountains. Favorite areas are around Blood Mountain and Wolf Pen Gap. The Versys, which I have only about 2000 miles on, is really fun and easy to ride in the twisties compared to the BMW K75. I do 300 mile day rides.

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from Alaska! I lived in good ole' Valdosta for a few years back in the 80's......YEAH I'm old :D Always loved riding up to north Georgia and over to St. Simons Island.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Alaska! I lived in good ole' Valdosta for a few years back in the 80's......YEAH I'm old :D Always loved riding up to north Georgia and over to St. Simons Island.
Jeff, you are not that old.... I wonder how a Valdosta guy can take it up there in the frozen North. More power to you and I love to watch all the Alaska reality shows on cable. I had some great customers over by Brunswick and liked to get over to St Simons and Jekyll as well. Yet to ride a bike over there, but I will be thinking about it now.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Jeff, you are not that old.... I wonder how a Valdosta guy can take it up there in the frozen North. More power to you and I love to watch all the Alaska reality shows on cable. I had some great customers over by Brunswick and liked to get over to St Simons and Jekyll as well. Yet to ride a bike over there, but I will be thinking about it now.
Riding thru the little FANCY neighborhoods on St. Simons or Jekyll was a blast! You will have to do it. I'm not originally from Valdosta, was stationed there at Moody AFB in the Air Force. Upstate NY is my home so Alaska isn't too much different in some aspects. Georgia was where I started riding bikes too. We used to jump on Highway 41 and just go........My roommate at Moody was from Lawrenceville.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome. There is some great riding up in N. Ga. I would spend a lot of time up in the mountains if I lived in Atlanta.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
:welcome: A Versys and a K75? Sounds just like me. My Versys is my fun bike while my K75S is my "gentleman's" motorcycle for relaxed touring. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts