Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to riding and recently got a 2009 Versys. Hopefully in the near future, I can start adding farkles to it so I can eventually take very light adventure rides.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome: DFW area...I use to live in Ft.Worth....

PICT0135 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weljo2001, I try to avoid Ft. Worth. I've lived in Dallas most of my life and now I live a little south of the big D. Maybe 15 minutes to downtown.

I need to find someone who near where I live who can show me where I am doing things wrong on the bike. I took the MSF course about 10 years ago and only recently have managed to get a bike so I can ride.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Weljo2001, I try to avoid Ft. Worth. I've lived in Dallas most of my life and now I live a little south of the big D. Maybe 15 minutes to downtown.

I need to find someone who near where I live who can show me where I am doing things wrong on the bike. I took the MSF course about 10 years ago and only recently have managed to get a bike so I can ride.
Options:

Take the course again.

Ride around for a month or so to get used to the bike then take the experienced rider course.

If you can get to FLA in late February this would be quite helpful:
2nd Annual Sport-touring School

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Welcome! You can download the service manual from the tech section of this site. Make sure you have a rear spool stand to lift the bike for basic maintenance tasks as there is no center stand.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

This guy is in D/FW. Maybe you can contact him....https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Merry Christmas to me.
I just bought a 2017 Versys 650 ABS in black and will take delivery in late January.
It's great to see such an active users forum and I look forward to reviewing the many comments and suggestions.
Some of my initial desires are: remote center stand, brush guards, panniers, side crash bars and possibly a rear box.
Merry Christmas to you all from North Dakota.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see I need two "New Member" posts, so here is #2.
Some of my site questions: Is there a users directory showing their state? I suspect I'll find an area for accessories and recommendations.
I will now snoop more of the site.
Thanks all from chilly ND.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
I see I need two "New Member" posts, so here is #2.
Some of my site questions: Is there a users directory showing their state? I suspect I'll find an area for accessories and recommendations.
I will now snoop more of the site.
Thanks all from chilly ND.
You can add your location to your "address line" via the "User CP" link just below the SEARCH at the top of this page. Also there's the "Riders Location Map" at http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/162-general-discussions-v-650/21732-versys-riders-location-google-map.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
When will my account be approved and how the @#$% do you "search" in this site?
My interest is seeing comments on panniers.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
I'm not sure how this "approval" process works. I'm still not seeing pics... :-(
Click on "TOOLS" in the top line, then click on which ever one 'floats-your-boat'.

·
Premium Member
9,114 Posts
Dec 25th full member

When will my account be approved and how the @#$% do you "search" in this site?
My interest is seeing comments on panniers.
Thanks
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/122705-tank-bags-pannier-options-tool-tubes-mk-3-a.html?highlight=panniers

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/207001-top-case-side-case-panniers-x-300-shad-kawaski-givi-others.html?highlight=panniers

Searching; click tools; advanced search; under key word
two options; words or title;second option is to search in =Forums; scroll down, you will notice both links are in the How To Forum, not selecting the forum will get you every forum the search word or title is found in. Most common topics I have gathered posts and copied to the How To Forum.

FYI you should be able to post in any forum except the How To

1 - 17 of 17 Posts