Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I'm both a new member and a new Versys owner. Picked up my new 2020 650 LT about a week and a half ago. Haven't been able to ride it as much as much as I'd like yet. I just broke 250 miles yesterday so I can finally go over 55 mph! Not being able to go over 4,000 rpm for the first 250 miles was a pain, specially when the speed limit is 65 but you can only do 55. Now I just need to get enough miles for the first service...

I can see there's a bunch of good information on here from all over the world - very cool! So - hi to everybody in Versysland and I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

·
Premium Member
16,265 Posts
Welcome

·
Super Moderator
19,947 Posts
WELCOME aboard!

Here's the way that I (and MANY others!) did the "break-in" riding home from the dealer, then changed the oil.

NEVER any problems in 92,xxx miles on the '08; 63,xxx kms on the '09; OR 81,8xx kms on my '15 [ALL V650s!] The '09 was written off, but the other TWO are running just FINE...!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fasteddie. Looking at that article makes me think I already missed the window for sealing the rings. That stinks.

·
Super Moderator
19,947 Posts
...Looking at that article makes me think I already missed the window for sealing the rings. That stinks....
PROBABLY not - MOST engines are pretty-much broken-in from the factory, tho' their recommendations do NOT seem to say that. Doing the "SLOW-AND-EASY" can help the rider to get used to the NEW ride.

(y)

:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts