Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

First time bike owner, bought myself a Kawasaki Versys 650 to get to and from work as much as possible (tired of paying stupid money for public transport that doesn't work anyway). Guarantee I'll be asking a lot of newbie questions so please bear with me...

D-Zyne

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should also mention that I'm racking up about 100miles/day to and from work so no doubt I'll be asking a LOT of maintenance questions...!

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas, USA. Where in the U.K.do you call home? And your 100 mile commute is from there to where?

Just curious - I used to commute between Bury St. Edmunds and RAF Mildenhall many years ago aboard a Suzuki T-500J Titan (500cc two stroke twin) regardless of the weather and mostly loved the daily ride - except the day a pheasant attempted to commit suicide by ramming me!

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:welcome:aboard. The versys is bullet prove and just carry out the regular maintenance. Check you chain slack often as you are doing 100miles per day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I’m a NY-er that’s been calling the UK home for the past 12 or so years. Working at London Liverpool St but living deep in the bowels of Kent just outside of Ashford. I’m trekking over the QEII and back every day cause my annual train pass is just shy of £7400- for a service that never runs on time, is usually standing room only, sucks 4 hours out of my life every day, and is just simply a miserable all around experience. I bought a 2013 model with ~18K on it and only been riding a short while but already loving the switch (we’ll see about winter though).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts