Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I joined this site a little over a year ago intending to purchase a used Versys within a few months from the For Sale section. With no luck there, I ended up buying a Honda XR650L dualsport. It's a great bike for its intended purpose but just wasn't what I needed since I do zero off road and it was no fun at interstate speeds for more than short rides.

I recently sold it and am scouting the Versys again, though I'm not in any rush since riding in the south during the summer isn't very enjoyable anyway. I will probably look to get a good deal after the summer. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome: Summertime in South Carolina can only mean one thing "Boiled Peanuts" :D:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome Buck. I'm in the Charleston area. My local dealer had a green 2009 Versys with color matched GIVI luggage not too long ago

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. sc_versys, good to see some south carolinians are on the forum. Ive never seen a versys on the road in SC. ive seen some listed on CL at dealerships in Moncks Corner and Mount P but only new ones.

Im still reading up on here as much as i can to figure out if theres a significant enough difference in the 2010+ models and if i should shoot for one of those. From what i can tell, someone please correct me if im wrong, it seems as though its just body work and some rubber engine mounts that were changed. Newer bike usually means more $ so i want to be sure that its worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts