Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I just bought a dealer new 2012 black Versys which has 14 miles on it. I intend to remedy that soon. I also have a 650 VeeStrom which I use for touring. The Versys replaces a wonderful Suzuki TU250x which will probably go to my daughter. I intend to use the Versys for commuting and shorter distance travel and will probably keep it close to stock (not really). Just moments ago I clicked the submit button on Revzilla for a trunk bracket and adapter plate for my Givi box. so it begins...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Panama City here... But moving soon to Mount Dora. I bought my 2011 Versys as an "around town" bike to augment my ST1100 which was my "tourer". Well... after eight months and barely putting another 150 miles on my "tourer" I sold the ST. A contributing factor was my decision to take the Versys on a 5600 mile back roads tour to Billings, MT and back. After that I decided I no longer needed the bigger bike.

Anyway... Welcome to the group... and if you're in the central Florida area...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome and may you have many miles and many smiles on the Versys. I'm in Jacksonville but spent a very cold night in a tent at Rocky Bayou State Park. Didn't have time sufficient to determine whether Niceville lives up to its name.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hello everybody, I just bought a dealer new 2012 black Versys which has 14 miles on it. I intend to remedy that soon. I also have a 650 VeeStrom which I use for touring. The Versys replaces a wonderful Suzuki TU250x which will probably go to my daughter. I intend to use the Versys for commuting and shorter distance travel and will probably keep it close to stock (not really). Just moments ago I clicked the submit button on Revzilla for a trunk bracket and adapter plate for my Givi box. so it begins...
First of all WELCOME !

Secondly - I would be interested in your comparison of the Wee and the Versys. Send me a PM sometime if you get a spare moment.....

Thanks

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
:welcome: from another retirees haven - Texas. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The easiest way to decide to use the VStrom for touring is that is has all the bags, heated grips, taller windscreen and gel saddle. It has a longer wheelbase and seems to take big bumps better. I got the Versys for around town since it seems (to me) to have a little sharper steering and better acceleration than the Vstrom, which has a one up tooth up front for better fuel economy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The easiest way to decide to use the VStrom for touring is that is has all the bags, heated grips, taller windscreen and gel saddle. It has a longer wheelbase and seems to take big bumps better. I got the Versys for around town since it seems (to me) to have a little sharper steering and better acceleration than the Vstrom, which has a one up tooth up front for better fuel economy.
You are a wise man it seems...:welcome:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts