Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2019 Versys 1000 SE LT+. Love the bike, hate the seat. Bought a Corbin that was verified to fit the '15 - '18 Versys 1000, but didn't fit the '19. Bummer, 'cause it was a really nice seat! Now, I'm still looking for a seat to replace the plank that came with the bike (despite being nearly $20,000!). I know Sargent can build up a seat from the OEM seat pan, but you gotta send them the seat so they can do this. Now I'm thinking that I leave the bike with Corbin for 3 weeks so they can develop a seat pan specifically for the '19 Versys 1000 SE. That's the bad. The good is that I get a free Corbin seat!

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
Welcome From Canada

I recently purchased a 2019 Versys 1000 SE LT+. Love the bike, hate the seat. Bought a Corbin that was verified to fit the '15 - '18 Versys 1000, but didn't fit the '19. Bummer, 'cause it was a really nice seat! Now, I'm still looking for a seat to replace the plank that came with the bike (despite being nearly $20,000!). I know Sargent can build up a seat from the OEM seat pan, but you gotta send them the seat so they can do this. Now I'm thinking that I leave the bike with Corbin for 3 weeks so they can develop a seat pan specifically for the '19 Versys 1000 SE. That's the bad. The good is that I get a free Corbin seat!
:welcome:https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-valuable-links-wizard-member-intro.html please read

After dealing with Corbin twice in Canada, once using Twisted Throttle , formerly Avisious Cycle, noting that what is now Twisted Throttle Canada, they had problems dealing with them. I would never deal with them again ( Corbin ), even if they were next door, my concern would be getting a damaged bike back 2 months after the date they promised, customer service sucks, in fact I don't know of a company in the world worse than them. BTW this is my view, nothing to do with this forum or the owners of this forum or with Twisted Throttle which in my opinion offers one of the best customer services I have ever encountered. Too bad they had to close their showroom , most of my purchases were walk in.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
:welcome: Neighbor....I'm in Norwalk..... I shipped my seat off the Terry Adcock to have him make a seat for me. I got the flat seat since i like to stretch out a bit...

P1020355 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020347 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Terry Adcock seat

That's a very nice seat. But, before I read this post, I rode up to Hollister, Ca. and dropped off my bike at the Corbin factory. Since they didn't have a seat for the 2019 Versys 1000 SE LT+, they're gonna make me a custom seat for free. Plus, they refunded me the $$$ for the '15-'18 seat I had purchased, without the 20% re-stocking fee! So, I'm pretty happy with that. I've had Corbin's in the past and thought they were very comfortable, especially after they're broken in. After I retrieve my bike (supposed to get it back May 10th), I may send the old seat to Terry Adcock and have him make me an alternate seat. If I do, I will gladly post a comparison here.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Seth Laam is the man. He made a seat for me on 3 different bikes. All with fantastic results.

He uses your original seat pan so when it comes back it actually fits.

A Laam seat will turn your butt burner into an all day rocket.

Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts