Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a new Versys 650. Green. Plan on using it for short, around town jaunts and up in NW GA where I have a place and like to ride up near Suches. Name is Larry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post 2 -

The 650 will be the sole survivor of a recent stable sell off as my riding preferences have changed over the last few years. Having recently sold my GS1200, I found the Versys to be a competent, light weight sport tourer and look forward to learning more about the bike by reading posts from seasoned versys owners.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Welcome Larry, while I still have a liter bike, I downsized as well from a Buell ULY 1200 to the little 650. I have admittedly had a hard time dealing with the loss of power, but have really enjoyed the bike a lot since finally getting it dialed in. I think you'll love it for what you're planning to do with it! It really is a great little bike, kind of a ride it and forget about it .. (that's good!)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Welcome aboard Larry. Lived in the Tampa area in the mid-1980s when assigned to the US Special Operations Command. :surprise:

Nice area but the abundance of seniors was not conducive to comfortable motorcycle riding. Many of them tried to run me down! Oblivious is the word that comes to mind.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts