Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just got my versys on wednesday. She is a 2008 red. Got it used with around 11k miles. Havent gotten a chance to hardly ride it yet, since I want to do some stuff first:
-change the oil and oil filter (I do this after I buy any used vehicle, since I dont know when they did it or what they used)
-Fix the clutch cable. It is very spongey. My guess is it has never been replaced or lubed.
-Add the Givi windscreen I ordered (not big enough for me for interstate riding, but most of my miles will be city)
-Fix the vibrating mirrors. Still deciding between the aprilia mirrors and the caulk fix. Anyone willing to convince me one way or the other?
-Add some red rim tape.

My experience with bikes has been pretty short. Did some dirt bikes when I was young, like 8 years ago, but nothing serious. Just recently took the MSF beginner course and got my license. The red V is my first bike.
I took a short ride around the neighborhood, since I counldnt stand just looking at it. Wow, I never realized how much the bikes in the MSF course underpreformed in every category. This bike handles great, and sounds great. The only thing I will need to get used to is revving it high. I still have the manaul car mentality where I want to shift at 4k every time, and run at 2-3k. This is not good on the V from what I can tell.

Should take me a few days to get the oil and clutch cable done (with finals coming up and all). Then I will be riding it all around. :)

I was originally looking for a dual-sport or adventure bike, but decided on the V because of its nature. Yes its a street bike primarily, but from what I can tell browsing on here, it will do ok on dirt roads also. A video I watched described it like this. BMW GS= 50% dirt, 50% road
V strom= 75% road, 25% dirt
Versys= 90% road, 10% dirt

99% of my riding will be city riding anyhow, so this is great.

Here are a couple pics of my bike. Put some filters on to make them better wallpapers :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,217 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and to the group of us who own 2008 red Vs. Don't spread it around (because others can become jealous), but the red ones are the best. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, my rides are 90% road now days so V is perfect, if i really want to play off road i would go back to a DR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my off road plans are pretty much one or two summer trips including some fire roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts