1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all other members

I just purchased a NOS 2017 650 LT
I had gone to the dealership to check out and test ride a new Royal Enfield 650
After a short test ride I knew it wasnt the bike for me. For just a thousand more I got the Versys and it is much more bike than the RE.

I've put 826 miles on it three weeks and it is currently in the upholstery shop, having the seat reshaped, thicker foam and a new leather cover.

As soon as i get it back tomorrow I ll add the T Rex crash bars that came Friday.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
:welcome:aboard and enjoy your new ride - Be safe.
Please post Your Second Post here in this thread you started. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Birmingham
I'm new to state and have found a really good road (Hwy 25 ) east out of Leeds to ride.
Looking forward to meeting any nearby Versys riders ( as well as other models, I also have a Honda NT 700)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am curious about which upholstery shop you are using to work on your seat. I might be interested in that also

On Saturday I had him move the rear rise back about 1.5 inches, add a gel pad and more foam to the front of the seat leading up to the tank.
Hopefully he will have the new leather cover stitched up and installed by tomorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey there! Welcome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hopefully bike will ready to day and I will post photos.
Shop owner spent two hours prepping, measuring,cutting and fitting the seat to me on Saturday last week.
He still had to add/blend in more foam where the seat meets the tank and stitch the seat cover together.
If it all turns out well I'll post his name and address.
So far he has been good to deal with and his price is reasonable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts