Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
You will have to give a little more info- the way you explain it the gas is going up hill to get out unless the pressure release valve is clogged and the gas is coming out the over flow under pressure..

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum. Yes please explain what you have done, gassing up the bike, is the gas cap under pressure?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys it is coming from the hole I'm pointing at. can blow though both holes on top. It does have pressure in the tank when I open the cap I get a pressure hiss. The two lines on the bottom of the tank I can't blow though the line I'm holding in the second pic but the other one I can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Mk-1 & mk-3

Thanks for the replys it is coming from the hole I'm pointing at. can blow though both holes on top. It does have pressure in the tank when I open the cap I get a pressure hiss. The two lines on the bottom of the tank I can't blow though the line I'm holding in the second pic but the other one I can.
Since I am lacking info on the MK-2 that you have I felt it simpler to post a photo of what my MK-3 has for pressure relief, I have owned a 2007 MK-1 which didn't have this, what I don't know is if Kawasaki added this to the MK-2 or this is a new to MK-3 add on.This photo was taken for my valve shim post in the How To Forum.That is on the left side of the bike, all the stuff below you won't have ( Denali split bomb horn compressor and vacuum lines brought out, using yellow and red phasing tape for cylinder identification)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats under the tank correct? The only two lines I'm seeing under my tank are the two in the second photo and it looks as those go straight to the tank.

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Thats under the tank correct? The only two lines I'm seeing under my tank are the two in the second photo and it looks as those go straight to the tank.
No that is on the left side of the tank on my 2015, what I don't know is if it was on earlier models. I know it didn't exist on my 2007 Versys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i ended up giving in and took it in to a shop, they'll get to it on Tuesday. ill try to ask them what happened and how they fixed it and report back with the results. :/

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Found this line just the line that I was holding in the second pictures was kinked it goes from under the tank down along the bike to the ground.
That could possibly be the vent line, I had a identical problem on my 07 with a kinked line, my money would go to saying you have solved the problem.
As to your photos, your tank is obviously different than the 2015 , so the MK-2 doesn't have the piece I have shown in my photo , instead it uses those two lines , one is overflow the other is the vent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the shop called Kawasaki, and Kawasaki is sending me a already painted brand new tank for free, even with me out of warranty. It is a tank malfunction of some sort. Kawasaki's the best :D

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
So the shop called Kawasaki, and Kawasaki is sending me a already painted brand new tank for free, even with me out of warranty. It is a tank malfunction of some sort. Kawasaki's the best :D
GOOD for you!

:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb: - :clap:

·
Registered
308 Posts
So the shop called Kawasaki, and Kawasaki is sending me a already painted brand new tank for free, even with me out of warranty. It is a tank malfunction of some sort. Kawasaki's the best :D[/QUOT

With that being said I know what happened-there are two welded steel tubes in the tank going from the left side where the two nipples are going to the top of the tank-one broke away at the bottom on the inside-this would explain the problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts