Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Versys but not to bikes in general. Been riding street and dirt since i was a kid. Just bought a 2011 Versys 650 with 4,xxx miles on the clock and in great condition. Already flushed some fluids, done an oil change and added a Givi top case with a backrest for the wife. Put some miles on it already and love the bike so far. I am in Ohio so not much more riding until Spring. Anyway just wanted to say hi and hope to learn alot from the forum

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
New to the Versys but not to bikes in general. Been riding street and dirt since i was a kid. Just bought a 2011 Versys 650 with 4,xxx miles on the clock and in great condition. Already flushed some fluids, done an oil change and added a Givi top case with a backrest for the wife. Put some miles on it already and love the bike so far. I am in Ohio so not much more riding until Spring. Anyway just wanted to say hi and hope to learn alot from the forum
Welcome! You can download the service manual for the bike from the TECH section of this site. If you have not already done this. Pick up a rear spool stand and some cheap 10mm spools off of ebay. (8mm size for 2015+ bikes). Also consider adding some SW-Motech crash bars if you want to prevent fairing damage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Just got my new tires too, so that is next on the list to install. 10mm spools on the 2011, I thought they were 8mm?

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Thanks guys! Just got my new tires too, so that is next on the list to install. 10mm spools on the 2011, I thought they were 8mm?
The Gen 3s ('15 onward) are 8mm. Gens 1 and 2 are 10mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts