Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to you all for the great info on this site!

I've been reading all the useful info here 'till my eyes hurt!

I have liked the look and the idea behind the Versys ever since it was first introduced. I've been riding since the mid 70's and currently have an FZ1 Fazer which is a really awesome bike.

Stopped by a dealer last week, looking to buy a new helmet, and there was this lightly used Versys, just sat there in the sun. I had to look it over. The salesman came over and we started chatting, and I got sitting on the bike. Next thing I know I've booked a test ride!

I took that bike out really wanting to not like it. After all I have a 150 hp monster to ride, what could this strange looking 60 odd hp bike offer me?

I rode for about an hour on all types of road, trying to find that fatal flaw to make me hate it.

I never found that flaw. Sure the bike isn't perfect. The perfect bike (for me) doesn't exist. For me the Versys is a very capable machine, far better than it has any right to be given the price. It truly is versatile.

Anyway I did the deal, and bought the bike home the same day:yeahsmile: (kept the FZ1 though, couldn't bear to part with it!)

:censored: expensive helmet!

Nice place you got here, I'll stick around if you don't mind.;)

Sphere

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
What a great story, wonderfully told as well. Enjoy the V, and by the way did you end up getting a helmet?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome Sphere. Well told tale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, and yes I did get a helmet!

It turned into an expensive day :eek:

My wife is now wondering if it's safe for me to go out shopping unaccompanied :nono:

Sphere

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool story.

Oddly I was at a dealership recently, started chatting to a salesman and wound up test riding an F1 Fazer. Oodles of oomph but decided to stick with the Versys. :)

Welcome aboard !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts