Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

I'm in the process of getting my license and it look like it will be the Versys 650 LT for me!!

I might as well start off with a question:

I've seen both the Kawasaki OEM and the SW Motech sliders. Can someone comment on whether these would help with avoiding damage the the OEM hard side bags in the event of a tip over?? I'm thinking not but thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That works!

I guess that answers that.
These look like they'll do the job.

Just concerned of having a tip over with a brand new bike and damaging the bags on the LT.

I'm assuming with some sliders and these bars I'll be better off!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Thanks everyone!!

I'm excited to get started with a life on two wheels!!

Question:

I've bought several new cars but this will be a first for a motorcycle. I'll be looking at new.

Any advice for what a dealer might offer as far as discounted or free accessories/warranties etc?

I'm in the Toronto area so if anyone has any suggestions on which local dealership to use I'd listen!!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Welcome from nearby Ottawa.

General new rider/new owner suggestions:

1) install SW-Motech or similar crash bars, it will save you future grief and expenses when your bike gets tired and decides to lay down on it's side, all bikes do this eventually
2) heated grips OR insulated gloves OR even better, both, are essential in the Canadian and northern US climate as is a good adventure type jacket to keep warm in the early spring and late fall, mesh is the only thing comfortable in the heat of summer
3) don't buy an extended warranty on anything, especially a reasonably reliable bike the Versys
4) Tools required for bike ownership

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
:welcome:aboard.

since your fresh to biking, safety come s first, get a senior rider to guide you for a few days.

RIDING A BIKE IS BY SIGHT-it will go where you lock your sight on. Be focus and don't push your limits.

ATGATT and safe ride.

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts