Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
just got myself a super clean 2009 Versys 650 with only 3,800km and had already turned to this forum for info to help in making the decision to get it. Figured I should sign up and become a proper member. I'll be looking to mod it a bit because I'm so tall (6'7") by lowering pegs, etc.
Can't wait to get out riding when the weather warms up a bit more and learning more about the bike and hearing about what mods you guys use.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome, nice looking bike. My friend is 6'7'', but hasn't ridden my V yet he said it looks too small. I am interested to see how you fit. He has a Z1000 naked, and he looks big on it. I have seen him ride my old 650R, and it was tiny on him, but everyone is different, so you may find it works for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, nice looking bike. My friend is 6'7'', but hasn't ridden my V yet he said it looks too small. I am interested to see how you fit. He has a Z1000 naked, and he looks big on it. I have seen him ride my old 650R, and it was tiny on him, but everyone is different, so you may find it works for you.
Yeah I really havent put any time on it yet so not sure how cramped I'll feel on longer rides. But it does feel better than many other bikes I've been on (other than cruisers). Bikes really dont seem to be built for people much over 6', but then again I dont fit in a lot of smaller cars that well either.

Was debating between the Versys and the V-strom, and ended up getting a great deal on the Versys so I took the plunge. Like I said, hoping I can make it fit a bit better with a few easy mods.

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
Welcome from "out west"...;)

Welcome form eastern Ontario. Don't forget to add your location to your profile.
You TOO, twowheels...! WHERE in eastern ON? I used to live in St. Eugene, near Hawkesbury and Vankleek Hill.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Welcome, from a short shot down the 401.

Mine's the same year and colour. Congrats on a great find!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
:welcome: from a wee bit south in San Antonio, Texas - y'all. :D

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts