Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this type of interaction so I'll take it slow until I learn the proper etiquette. I've owned my 2016 Versys 650LT for about 9 months now and really enjoy riding it. It is great on back roads and interstate. Unfortunately curves and hills are not common in Corpus Christi unless you count cloverleafs and bridges. Most of my riding is in the early morning so I can return home just as the sun is coming up, since I don't function well in bright sun or heat (Feb-Nov). My favorite riding weather is in winter (Dec-Jan) when I can be cool and even use my heated grips. I've already learned a lot from this forum and hope to have something to contribute one day.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum. Like you I found this forum in 2008, fortunately for me as I was about to sell my newly purchased 2007 Versys. The TPS setting changed the bike from a fast turtle to a wild beast on steroids, and I was hooked. Along came the 2015, several long time members here had taken the plunge and I followed, it has taken me about 1 year to get the bike the way I want it, still tweaking a few things.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments. I've found it impossible to own a bike and not modify it in some manner. I've messed with gearing, replaced or drilled holes in exhausts, installed big bore kits, changed seats, added windshields/racks/saddlebags, changed tires (still have my Breezer tire tool), modified ignition systems, etc. I guess a rational person would consider this a money pit, but I've enjoyed it over the years. With the exception of two purchases from long ago I've been happy with the bikes I've owned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts