Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've found what seems to be a good deal on a clean, all stock 2008 Versys. The only kicker is that it has very high miles. 68k all from the original owner who is apparently a seasoned veteran rider in his early to mid 50's. I don't think he has a log or record of maintenance, I'd just have to take his word on what he's done. I've already checked it out in person once and it started up right away, sounded great and didn't make any funky noises at idle or rev whatsoever. I didn't get to take a test ride but he did jump on and take a couple laps around his front yard to demonstrate how well it ran and it all seems ship shape. He did say that he's kept up on scheduled oil changes, checked the valves a couple few times, added a new battery and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's quite short notice since I plan on picking it up tomorrow because there are others interested in it as well, but he's only asking $1200 for it. Just looking for some opinions on this. More than likely I'm going to do it though, so I hope it works out well!
photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
That deal is ridiculous but sounds too good to be true. Unless you're a mechanic, and if he is willing, I'd put a small deposit down and pay for an inspection at a dealer, you'll still come out ahead. It everything checks out, the Versys is a solid running machine. If he isn't interested in having a mechanic to take a quick peek, run away.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
From some of the other high mileage posts, she still has some life in her. At $1,200 that's not a huge gamble.

I personally would never buy a bike with mileage that high except maybe a well maintained Goldwing.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome:

Well at least its only $1,200.00. You can get a china scooter for that and its shot at 2,500 miles so good luck. The King had good advice for a inspection.

Congrats and Good Luck! Hope you get 32k miles or more out of it!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Im with the others as $1200.00 is not much and some versys around the world have higer milage than that, is the person who selling it on this forum?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I pulled the trigger today and put a $500 deposit for him to hold it. I'll be paying the rest tomorrow and picking it up this weekend. I'm really excited to get it insured and on the road! I'm going to have it professionally inspected prior to riding however. I figure if anything goes wrong with it in time I didn't spend too much so I won't be too badly in the hole and at a loss.

As for him being on the forum I'm not entirely sure but it's not impossible I suppose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts