Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have always had in interest in motorcycles, but never taken the leap and bought one. I considered getting a Honda 919 when they came out but didn't follow through. I was introduced to the Versys when it was a long term tester in Motorcyclist Magazine. I have read up on the Versys and am considering getting one. So much so that I have looked into enrolling in the Basic Rider Courses available in my area.

I'm 6'2" 275lbs. I hope I am not too much for the Versys.

I look forward to learning more about the Versys and seeing what you all have done to your bikes.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome: Ah SC one of my favorites states. Use to live in Moncks Corner & I have a sister in Harleyville. I'm also 6'2" 275lbs the Versys can handle it i rode mine from Texas to California loaded down with no issues. A set of mirror extenders and peg lowering blocks will help.:cheers:

IMG_0135 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Made a trip to SC in September and loved it!!!! Vroom (member here) lives in the Greenville area,and knows some amazing roads in the area....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:welcome: Ah SC one of my favorites states. Use to live in Moncks Corner & I have a sister in Harleyville. I'm also 6'2" 275lbs the Versys can handle it i rode mine from Texas to California loaded down with no issues. A set of mirror extenders and peg lowering blocks will help.:cheers:
Ha, what a coincidence, my dad lives in Moncks Corner. I am but 20 minutes away from him

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Made a trip to SC in September and loved it!!!! Vroom (member here) lives in the Greenville area,and knows some amazing roads in the area....
The world is getting smaller yet. I have a few friends from my car forum that live up in the Greenville area. There is a lot of nice country up around the Tennessee border.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must say, less than a week on the forum and I have already learned the capacity of the electrical system, how to fiddle with the suspension settings, how to rebuild and adjust the front fork internals, and several options for guarding the body.

Ohh and also learned that I have been mistakenly calling farkles, "mods" all these years...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts