Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I picked up a 2018 650 ABS from a local dealer in San Francisco about a month ago and have been on it just about every day without rain (and a couple with rain). I'm a returning rider after 17 years and used to ride a '77 BMW R100S and a '98 BMW F650 (I miss them both!). To be honest, Zach and Ari the youtube guys convinced me this was the perfect all rounder for city and trips and so I thought it would be a good restarting point. I added a Givi V47 top box, the Barkbuster hand guards, and a phone mount from Peak Design (awesome!). Previous owner had already installed LED running/turn strips, Koso heated grips, and a USB outlet in the dash. My 6-piece fly rod fits in the top case and I plan to moto camp and fish every chance I get.

I've already found great information on this site and happy to be here.
Cheers

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Welcome From Canada

Reactions: Fogbank

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
125 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I think you have to wait a couple of days after posting (2x?) to be able to use PM. It's a necessary thing to keep spammers at bay.

Take care and be safe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard.

I think you have to wait a couple of days after posting (2x?) to be able to use PM. It's a necessary thing to keep spammers at bay.

Take care and be safe!
Thanks, JT. That makes sense.
Cheers and happy holidays.

·
Super Moderator
20,928 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome from SF! I've got a 2011 and still love it as much as I did the day I bought it nearly 10 years ago. We've been on some great camping trips together!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from SF! I've got a 2011 and still love it as much as I did the day I bought it nearly 10 years ago. We've been on some great camping trips together!
Thanks, @BaileyMan. You're able to get everything you need in the top box and V35's? I'm thinking may need to add a dry bag to the seat for longer trips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: I was able to contact fellow member, DinkinFlicka, that had luggage and windscreen for sale and it turned out he used to own my bike! He traded it in to a BMW dealership and it must've changed a dealer or two before I bought it in SF. What are the odds? We met halfway between our homes and I learned some history of the bike and essentially installed all the same accessories that used to be on the same bike. You meet the coolest folks on a Versys.

I am really liking the MRA windscreen with deflector, and the Givi V series luggage. Sport touring perfection.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks, @BaileyMan. You're able to get everything you need in the top box and V35's? I'm thinking may need to add a dry bag to the seat for longer trips.
Sorry for my delayed reply. Yeah. I've been able to get what I need in those cases. Pack light. Pick up stuff to cook dinner at night on the way, grab lunch on the road, pack easy dried foods for breakfast. Happy to share more, but there's a lot out there on the topic and it's great to peruse what others do too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts