Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I just bought a super-clean Kawasaki Green 2009 Versys 650 with only 5,000 miles. I've been riding a 1988 BMW K75S for the past 20-off years, and it was starting to show its age. The new bike is perfect, apart from an incredibly distracting buzzing/rattling in the dashboard at around 3,000 RPM. It seems to quiet when I press down on top of the dash, just under the windscreen. I thought I saw a post or two about stuffing foam between the instrument cluster and the housing. Is this still the best advice for fixing this maddening buzz?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Hello. I just bought a super-clean Kawasaki Green 2009 Versys 650 with only 5,000 miles. I've been riding a 1988 BMW K75S for the past 20-off years, and it was starting to show its age. The new bike is perfect, apart from an incredibly distracting buzzing/rattling in the dashboard at around 3,000 RPM. It seems to quiet when I press down on top of the dash, just under the windscreen. I thought I saw a post or two about stuffing foam between the instrument cluster and the housing. Is this still the best advice for fixing this maddening buzz?

:welcome: The buzzing on my 09 Versys was coming from the tab on the black plastic just below the bottom of the windscreen and between the 2 colored plastic around the headlight housing....Circled in Red...

IMG_0518 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I thought I saw a post or two about stuffing foam between the instrument cluster and the housing. Is this still the best advice for fixing this maddening buzz?...
YES! and here's a pic of the '09 I HAD....

...enroute to Alaska... - or at least - Inuvik, NWT!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas. Couldn't help but notice the tail end of your K bike in the background. I keep a '93 K75S at our home in Maine and, at 53,000 miles, it's just becoming broken in. I will admit the short bars make it interesting to move around particularly given that I'm coming to terms with my 73rd year on the planet. Still, it's a joy to ride and I can't bring myself to get rid of it - just yet anyway.

And apparently red Gen One 650 Versys don't buzz or rattle so I can't be of help in that regard. I seem to remember reading a service bulleting that said it was only an issue with green and blue models. 0:):grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts