Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am in the process of acquiring a V and when not riding I will be lurking and asking a bunch of questions here. I hope to have fun on the new Versys and on the forum here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am picking up a MKII this Saturday. I like meeting up and wrenching, modding, etc. I hope to meet alot of cool people here and learn alot of things!

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Here she is. I am coming from a GSXR 750. Being 5'6, I jumped up on a Versys and instantly loved the ride height!
At least you picked the best color! :grin2: Welcome from Alaska and a fellow 2011 owner.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got off of work early and I picked her up today with 916 miles on the odometer! Had a nice 45 mile night ride down Texas Hill Country to New Braunfels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Upon completing the ride I noticed that the seat pushes my crotch into the tank. I will have to take care of that.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
Upon completing the ride I noticed that the seat pushes my crotch into the tank. I will have to take care of that.
You can raise the front of your seat for a couple of $.... Make a 'bridge piece'

then add two longer bolts (6mm x 40) and a dozen washers.

That raises it by 9/16".

Oh yah - :welcome:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the suggestion on how to raise the stock seat. Today I went on a 150 mile ride. New Braunfels to Wimberley, to Blanco, Spring Branch, Canyon Lake, back to New Braunfels and all the way to Helotes. Nice ride with my Father and his newly acquired FZ07. I believe the Versys had a 16tooth front sprocket installed because I went up into the 80 mph zone and was under 7k rpms!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion on how to raise the stock seat. Today I went on a 150 mile ride. New Braunfels to Wimberley, to Blanco, Spring Branch, Canyon Lake, back to New Braunfels and all the way to Helotes. Nice ride with my Father and his newly acquired FZ07. I believe the Versys had a 16tooth front sprocket installed because I went up into the 80 mph zone and was under 7k rpms!

RPM reads the same no matter what sprocket is used.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts