16,227 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lots for Florida Versys owners. Maybe we should have a meet & greet or 'ride to eat' somewhere in the center of the state. It might be fun to talk to owners and look at some bike mods. Anyone?
Inverness, FL with a 2012 650. Al

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome Chadraymond84

Welcome!

I'm legally domiciled at Orange Park but don't spend a lot of time there. I like IrnButtAl's idea of a central-Florida gathering; would be nice to meet other Versys owners and discuss ... burnt stators?

·
Registered
4,746 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
A central FL meet up is gathering steam. If we get a few more that like the idea, we can plan something for a weekend morning. Please let me know if Saturday or Sunday morning works best for you, and we'll see if we can make this happen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mount Dora, FL

A central FL meet up is gathering steam. If we get a few more that like the idea, we can plan something for a weekend morning. Please let me know if Saturday or Sunday morning works best for you, and we'll see if we can make this happen.
According to surveys, a point about two miles north of Lake Lindsey is the geographical center of Florida. (Forty-nine residents, cemetery and a grocery store.) I'd back Gene Hill's suggestion of Mount Dora, which is not far off-center, geographically, and is a wonderful little community rich in history (Calvin Coolidge stayed in the grand hotel there as he pondered retirement from the White House). Pick a date. If I'm in the state, I'll be there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the idea of Mt Dora, or Tavares, or Eustis. Saturday or Sunday? Meet for breakfast and get home before it gets too hot. Anyone know of a good breakfast place in any of these three towns?
My suggestion would be to meet at Yalaha Bakery, which my club (COG) uses occasionally for meets. Coffee and sweets are the best, great food, motorcycle friendly, and geographically good for all of us.
Yalahabakery.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Florida meet up

I've sent mail to five Versys owners for a meet up at Yalaha bakery, May 24th, at 9:00am. Please stop by if you can, and we all can put a face to a forum name, admire our motorcycles, and share some info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've heard back from three Florida riders who will be at the meet up;
Yalaha Bakery in Yalaha, Florida ( Mt Dora/Taveres area) on Sunday, May 24, at 9:00 am
Hope to see others there also. Bring cases or tank bag big enough to take home some goodies. You can gain a pound or two by just taking a deep breath inside. Honest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts