Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I swear I already did this once but my OCD does not mind doing it again! Bought a Versys for my 40th birthday present to myself last year... financed it cause I couldn't afford it. I already had my license from a few years ago but still didn't have a ride-able bike... (I have a '78 GS750 partially rebuilt). I was afraid if I didn't get riding I would never do it or my body wouldn't let me so I said screw it! I've been on the road with it for a couple months. Put 100 miles on it this weekend just looking for twisties.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The beak and front fender delete was done before I purchased the bike as well as the rear fin delete and grip warmers. I added the Shock Sox to help with dings and dents to the forks...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dig the beak. Do you have any mite pictures of it?
I'm sorry, do you mean "more" pics? I will take a bunch for you if you wish... Unfortunately the beak was on the bike when I bought it and the dealer didn't know **** about it or the bike's history. From what I have gathered it's one of the Taiwan jobs that an indie small business was making. You can still find the FB page if you google "versys beaks." Mine looks like it was painted black poorly (has some runs) so I am assuming the P.O. painted it. Hope this helps. Let me know about the pics and if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get some good dual sport tires because there are amazing gravel roads by you. The adv rider club just did a rally right by you.
I am picking up a Shinko 705 rear from an ADVrider member in 2 weeks and a new one for the front! Where did you get the map from? I would like to be able to zoom on it and get the nearby road names. BTW.. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts