Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member here although my wife has been a member for awhile and I posted as her a few times.

It looks like I will be taking over her ride of the versys next season and I want to make it a bit more offroadable.

I am looking for front wheel options, skid plate, pegs and likely a headlight protection.

I have found skid plate from SW Motech and I have found the headlight protection from that Australian place.

I will post in general once I am allowed access :dgi:

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hey Neighbour, welcome. Look forward to seeing the bike tricked out.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome, i would also look at reducing the spring preload and damping to their min settings. This is a bit of a trade off. While this soft setting will make the bike feel less planted for spirited riding on pavement - it will wallow a bit when pushed hard, it will also provide much more comfort and control on less smooth off pavement surfaces.

The V has superior on pavement performance compared to say the VStrom. It does this by sacrificing it's off road capability. It is a much less than ideal dirt road/dual purpose bike. IMO the VStrom, BMWGS, KLR, etc. are all much better for that mission. Yeah you can do a lot of mods but in the long run it may be cheaper to just trade bikes - any money spent on mods do not really increase the resale value of a bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts