Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new member from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Just bought a 2012 Versys 650 (europe version with ABS), joining this forum to learn more about Versys.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome from Texas, USA!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome from Friendswood TX. I was in Kuala Lumpur several years ago, fantastic city.

Randy

·
Registered
68 Posts
New Member from Arizona

I just wanted to see the conversations going on here. One interested me especially since I want to take my new Versys off road. Arizona has way more dirt roads than paved and some towns are only accessible by dirt road, so I was looking at off road tires, in particular, the Shinko 705. or the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just wanted to see the conversations going on here. One interested me especially since I want to take my new Versys off road. Arizona has way more dirt roads than paved and some towns are only accessible by dirt road, so I was looking at off road tires, in particular, the Shinko 705. or the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR. Any suggestions?
Ricki, you'll probably get more responses if you post your question in the General Discussions section specifically for your bike. Sorry, I can't help as I have rarely ventured off road on my Versys.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...so I was looking at off road tires, in particular, the Shinko 705. or the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR. Any suggestions?
I use (and recommend!) Shinko E705s. I regularly ride the Apache Trail up to Roosevelt Lake among other 'dirty' places, and that is what's on BOTH my V650s!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
No, you gave me the answer I was looking for. I used to take my KLR up to Crown King, down the Apache Trail and on many other roads like that. If the 705's will make that possible, that's all I want. I've ridden "real" off-road bikes before and the Versys isn't one (and either is the KLR)... of course you know that. But if it can handle the Apache Trail and the road from Fish Creek Canyon to Roosevelt, that's all I need.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
ALSO rode it to Crown King, then up thru Prescott, and S thru Stanton, which is a 'bit' DIRTY, too....

>:)

Here on the Florence-Kelvin Hwy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts