Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I'm bikeless but am looking at the 650LT model. I test rode a 2016 ABS version and thought it had a lot of character. I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2016 orange and 2017 titanium.

My original plan was to get a Africa Twin but after thinking about how much that one bike would cost I'm leaning toward getting a 650LT and a CRF250L Rally. Both would have their own purpose. Believe it or not my wife wants me to get the Versys now and the Rally in a year or two. :)

My previous bikes include the 2009 F800GS and 2003 Kawasaki ZX6-E. I sold the ZX6 after having the GS for a year since leaning over started hurting my back. I had that bike for seven and a half years with only one small problem that was dealt with under warranty. Otherwise it would have been an $80 part. I then sold the GS just after having it enough time for the warranty to expire. After being in the shop multiple times I didn't have the faith in the bike after the warranty expired.

Cheers,
Robert

·
Premium Member
9,106 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum, many of us have been dual sport bike owners, last one for me was a DRZ400S, then a 07 Versys now a 2015 650ABS

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I haven't purchased a new bike in a while. I'm now reminded just why I hate shopping for a new bike. It's like the dealers around here just don't give a darn. One dealer tries to jack the price while another dealer gives you a price then later turns around and tries to add another $150 not previously talked about. I'm guessing it's just a bad time of year for deals. Anyway, it's nice to be here. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also in Colorado with 650LT versys

Hi Robert,

I just bought a Kaw 650 versys LT from the Colorado Springs, Co dealer near downtown C.S. and it was a decent buying experience :)

As far as the 650 goes, I have 1400 miles on her and have made several short trips from colorado springs through the mountain pass via HWY 24 into and through woodland park and the bike handled very well. Plenty of power and handled the curves like a dream. Its a very well balanced bike. Just thought I would chime in just in case your still looking at the 650 and wanted another opinion form an owner in colorado. So far, so good. I think i made a good choice in bikes.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts